This is part of a series where I review local playgrounds in and around Whanganui. Non-locals will want to skip this!
Castlecliff Domain is one of Whanganui’s absolute gems for families and large group events. Located on Seafront Road in the suburb of Castlecliff, the Domain is a hop, skip and a jump away from the beach.
The Domain play area is a fantastic spot for all ages. I highly recommend this playground if you’re having a big get-together with a mix of ages. There is something to keep absolutely everyone happy.
There are bucket swings for tiny tots and regular swings.
A toddler climbing frame
An older kids climbing frame
A witches hat swing
A net, huge slide and a flying fox (not pictured)
A skate park, a basketball court, a couple of gas barbeques, and plenty of benches and picnic tables.
Just past the play area is a long expanse of grass which is perfect for games, or just to sit somewhere shady.
- Wide range of great play equipment will keep a range of ages occupied
- Free gas BBQ’s!
- Loads of seating and rubbish bins
- Some shady spots near the play areas
- Super-close to the beach
- Could do with more shade near one of the BBQ’s
- Some of the play equipment is looking tired and needs a paint
Tots in Tawhero rating: 9/10