Tucked away on the side of Durie Hill is a tiny toddler’s delight, Webb Road Reserve. And when I say tiny, I mean tiny. There are two swings – one bucket and one regular – and a climbing frame with wavy slide. The slide is a bit high for under two’s but Sausage got to the top with some help.
There’s plenty of bark underneath the play equipment, and a couple of benches for parents to sit on. And the benches are in the SHADE! Wahoo!
There’s not much green space – enough for a picnic, but not enough to kick a ball around – as the park is basically a wedge-shaped corner section. It is lovely though, surrounded by established trees and bordered by houses. Parking is a bit tricky as Webb Road isn’t the usual wide Whanganui road. It’s more like Wellington, being a narrow, windy road – only Whanganui homes have off-street parking! As the park is on a corner you can’t really park on the road without obstructing traffic so I parked on the grass.
- Really, really quiet and peaceful setting
- Benches and shade. Oooh, love me some shade.
- Enough play equipment to keep a toddler happy for a while
- The play equipment is in good condition and the reserve was neat and tidy at the time of visiting
- It’s small, and the play equipment is pretty generic so it’s not really the sort of place you’d make a special journey to (unless you are researching for your blog), but great if you live locally.
- Not very exciting for older children
- No rubbish bin
Tots in Tawhero rating: 4/5